- Easy to use.
- Not permanent i.e. wears off and allows user to get pregnant afterwards.
- Regulates periods and usually decreases pain and amount of blood.
- Can also reduce premenstrual syndrome or PMS.
- May protect against some cancers (ovarine and uterine cancers - womb).
- Unable to be used when breast feeding.
- Does not protect against STD's.
- Some people get side affect from the medicine, such as:
- Increased appetite and weight gain.
- Tenderness of breast.
- Mood swings and depression.
- Nausea and stomach upsets.
- Decrease in libido or sex drive
- Increase in body hair.
- Pigmentation of skin on face (rare).